High RAM usage by the Antivirus service after a Windows Update

Aleks Maciaszek 5 Reputation points
2025-10-16T17:01:48.3166667+00:00

Good morning, yesterday I did an update on my Windows and noticed that after the update I have a problem with the Antivirus Program Service constantly using a lot of RAM, for example 184 MB, while it always used less before, and sometimes my total RAM usage was 34%, but now the excellent company called Microsoft decided to help me after the update, although now I have 48% total RAM usage (with only the browser open). It looks really awesome, and I thank the excellent company called Microsoft and I hope that someone will help me and get moving to help me because I'm slowly getting fed up with Microsoft and your faulty system and Antivirus. I have 16 GB of DDR5 4800 MHz RAM, so I don't know why it uses so much. In my opinion, it's a lot, and I don't want it to use that much.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Defender | Other
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.