My account was hacked, I have since recovered it, but am now struggling to get it unsuspended.

H Sturgess 5 Reputation points
2025-10-16T02:17:32.54+00:00

Apologies if this is not the right thread to post under but I am unsure of where to exactly post.

As the title suggests, I was hacked on the 15th of November 2024 since then I have done the following:

  1. Reported my account as stolen, this was completed on the 15th-16th of November
  2. Confirmed my data with agents getting the account's email associated suspended. - November 17th
  3. A day later I was given the greenlight in the form of an email allowing me to update the security (Only the Password & Recovery Email) to the email I got suspended. - November 17th
  4. The 30 day security update time had gone through and the account was now under the new Password & Recovery Email - December 17th

Since then I have been in contact with support multiple times with no results of getting the account unsuspended, I have been asked to complete the following forms with the following results.

  • ACSR - this does not help me as the email I am trying to get unsuspended, formerly belonged to the hacker that used it to replace my email. I have since been able to confirm with agents that this email was being used to take my own account as it was verified on the 16th & 17th and the accounts security was updated, but only the Password & Recovery Email. Things the form asks for such as "Name, DOB, Adress, Formerly used passwords" I do not know as I was never able to change these details nor would I know them to begin with as I never made the email originally.
  • Mic​rosoft account access support - This also does not help me as while I do now own the recovery email, as the main email the account is suspended under, I cannot recieve a code to complete it.
  • Email information form - I have attempted this form multiple times, it is the unnamed list that agents will ask you to fill out when they contact you under "CDOC casemanagement" I have been denied multiple times
  • Microsoft account privacy request - I have also attempted this form multiple times, with little to no results either, I have as of lately been recieving only the automated submission response email from when I submit the form, with nothing else.

Please contact me privately as I need help re-escalating my case again as at the moment I am within a limbo of trying to recover my account

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Identity Manager
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.