The mobility agent on the machine is not yet registered with Proxy server.

2025-10-15T22:01:34.4133333+00:00

I am trying to migrate an Azure VM between subscriptions across different tenants using Azure Site Recovery (ASR) by treating the source VM as a physical server.

I have attempted two methods to install and register the Mobility Agent on the source VM:

  1. Automatic installation through ASR by enabling replication (which pushes the agent automatically).
  2. Manual installation and registration using the command prompt with the appropriate parameters.

In both methods, I encounter the same issue:

“The mobility agent on the machine is not yet registered with Proxy server.”

I have verified the installation steps, network connectivity, and proxy configuration, but the problem persists.

Azure Site Recovery
Azure Site Recovery

An Azure native disaster recovery service. Previously known as Microsoft Azure Hyper-V Recovery Manager.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.