Microsoft Defender Offline scan stops at 92% and ends early

TanPhat 0 Reputation points
2025-10-14T15:07:24.77+00:00

I have a question about Microsoft Defender Antivirus behavior. When I run Microsoft Defender Offline Scan, it always stops at around 92%, then the scan finishes and my PC restarts automatically. It doesn’t reach 100%, so I’m wondering if this is normal behavior or a possible issue.

Also, when I run a Full Scan inside Windows, it usually stops at around 800,000–860,000 scanned items, then suddenly reports “Scan completed successfully” even though it seems like not all files have been scanned.

In addition, when I start an Offline Scan, after rebooting my laptop, the BitLocker recovery screen appears and asks for the recovery key. I didn’t trigger BitLocker manually — it might be automatically enabled as “Device Encryption.”

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Defender | Microsoft Defender for Office 365
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.