All bluetooth headset mic is not working with Window 11

Timothy Liew 160 Reputation points
2025-10-14T00:19:06.91+00:00

mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stephen Pettifer 35 Reputation points
    2025-11-13T08:53:05.48+00:00

    November patch update seems to have fixed it for me so far with Pixel buds 2a (only ones I have to hand), it's just absurd we have to wait a month when MS break such important functionality

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Peter Longley 10 Reputation points
    2025-11-13T11:45:52.9633333+00:00

    Seems like the latest patch hasn't resolved the issues for us.

    I am on 25H2 Build 26200.7171 and just had a call where I had to mute and unmute on the headset (Once the call had connected) still before it would work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Daniel Swafford 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-16T20:01:48.37+00:00

    Same issue here on a Lenovo T14 Gen 6. Tried everything in here and still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. André Pedro Peixoto 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-24T12:36:10.9033333+00:00

    Hello,
    Same problem... here's what I noticed about this issue.

    I've a Lenovo L16 Gen 2 and when I connect my Soundcore A40 via bluetooth I can't use the microphone, unless I change the sound output to the laptop speakers.

    So, if I have output set to the A40 then only the lapics wtop mork.
    If I have the output set to the Speakers of the laptop, then I can use the microphone of A40....

    I also tested with another BT headset HD 458BT and I get the same behaviour.

    Did the same thing in my desktop computer and both work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Peter 15 Reputation points
    2025-12-01T04:38:15.65+00:00

    No bluetooth audio devices work with Lenovo Thinkpad P14s Gen 5 AMD in Windows 11 Pro 25H2. This is not a hardware problem because bluetooth audio works when booting from an Ubuntu Live USB. The problem appears in a recent Windows update. I have tried a Bose SoundLink Flex 2 bluetooth speaker, Nothing Ear 3 bluetooth earbuds, and Google Pixel earbuds.

    Both KB5068861 (26200.7171) and KB5068861 (26100.7171) are installed.

    audiosrv.dll file version is 10.0.26100.7019.

    In Control Panel - Sound - [any Bluetooth device] - Properties - Advanced tab, clicking "Test" opens an "Error!" popup window with message "Failed to play test tone." The only audio format listed is "2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz". This applies to all audio bluetooth devices.

    Bluetooth hardware is "Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Bluetooth Adapter" with driver version 2.0.0.1292.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.