All bluetooth headset mic is not working with Window 11

Timothy Liew 160 Reputation points
2025-10-14T00:19:06.91+00:00

mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stephen Pettifer 35 Reputation points
    2025-10-21T11:25:24.8166667+00:00

    Adding this as an answer as well as a comment for visibility for others. I can confirm that removing KB5066835 and the removing and re-adding my Pixel Buds 2a has resulted in the buds now working. I can't get the Bose QC 35 II to work, and not tried the older Pixel Buds Pro because they aren't the ones I actually wanted to use. So it looks like KB5066835 is the culprit, and I'll have to wait and see if KB5070773 fixes things or not. I don't want to leave the system at risk by not having updates installed, but when the updates break stuff randomly then what choice do I have?

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Vivian-HT 17,900 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2025-10-22T04:51:37.9233333+00:00

    Dear @Timothy Liew,

    I’m truly sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing with Bluetooth audio on Windows 11. I know how important your headset setup is for calls and daily work, and I appreciate the care you’ve taken to test different combinations.

    Based on what we’re seeing across multiple cases as many users have reported the same issue after the latest Windows 11 update, this behavior is very likely due to a limitation in the latest Windows 11 update affecting how Bluetooth audio profiles are routed (stereo playback vs. hands‑free with mic). Your observation is spot‑on:

    • It doesn’t work when Bluetooth Headset A is set as the microphone and Bluetooth Headset B is set as the speaker.
    • It does work when Bluetooth Headset A is the microphone and the laptop’s speakers handle audio.

    Current Workaround:

    Your current workaround, use Headset A for the mic and keep laptop speakers for audio, is a good and stable solution. It avoids the profile conflict and keeps calls reliable.

    Recommendations:

    1/ Keep Windows Update turned on This ensures you’ll receive Microsoft’s patch as soon as it’s released.

    2/ Report the issue via the Feedback Hub Your report helps Microsoft prioritize a fix and capture the device details that matter. How‑to: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

    3/ (Optional) Roll back the recent update If the problem started right after an update and the Go back option is available (usually within ~10 days). Please follow the Microsoft Official Guide here: How to uninstall a Windows Update

    • If enough users raise feedback through the Feedback Hub, it significantly increases the chances that Microsoft will prioritize this issue for a faster fix. Microsoft uses the volume and quality of feedback reports to identify widespread problems and allocate engineering resources accordingly.

    Note: Please be reassured that you are not alone, I’ll continue to monitor this case and will reach out to you with any new updates as soon as possible.

    Again, I truly appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please feel free to reach out.

    I'm looking forward for your reply.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".   

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  3. Stephen Pettifer 35 Reputation points
    2025-10-22T07:58:04.64+00:00

    Another option suggested on a Reddit thread might also help:

    Open Bluetooth & devices > Devices and find the option for "Use LE Audio when available" and switch this off (reboot required). If you do not have this option then look for the "Bluetooth devices discovery" option and switch from Default to Advanced. This solution was posted a year ago so clearly the bluetooth audio implementation has been broken for some time.

    Prior to the headsets not working at all, I was also having issues with the Pixel Buds 2a only working on one side. Disabling LE helped that problem. Not ideal because of course the batteries will run out sooner, but until Microsoft, or whoever they push the blame onto, fixes their broken nonsense I have to do whatever I can in order to be able to still make calls.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pixelbuds/comments/1fxbwnt/solved_windows_11_pixel_pro_buds_2/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Jackson 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-23T16:50:47.6366667+00:00

    Same issue with my headset mic it’s a USB and it worked just fine till one of the recent windows updates broke my mic fully can’t talk on anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Don Lim [NSSG] 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-27T06:20:49.3366667+00:00

    I'm encountering the same issue too.

    Tried uninstalling and repairing the the bluetooth earphones, and the same issue persist.

    It will either just allow me audio, with no mic, or vice-versa just mic without any audio.

    Tried with a second bluetooth sepaker and confirm the same findings.

    Yet, both my bluetooth earphones and bluetooh speaker works perfectly with my mobile phone.

    Also need to highlight that before 20Oct, this issue is non-existent. I'm pretty sure a Windows update broke something . In particular KB5066835 was the update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.