All bluetooth headset mic is not working with Window 11

Timothy Liew 160 Reputation points
2025-10-14T00:19:06.91+00:00

mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Brendan Baker 5 Reputation points
    2025-10-29T14:14:56.6733333+00:00

    I have the ThinkPad T14s Gen 6, and I am experiencing the same Bluetooth headset issue. The problem didn't start until I updated to Windows 11 Version 10.0.26200 Build 26200 (October CU update); I suspect KB5066835 is the culprit.

    Issue Description: Bluetooth headsets connect successfully and work for media playback (videos, music, system sounds). However, when applications attempt to use the headset in communication mode (with microphone), both audio output and microphone input fail completely.

    Impact: This affects all communication applications including Zoom, Teams, 3CX, and others. The headset appears connected in Windows settings, but apps cannot utilize it for two-way communication.

    System Details:

    • Device: ThinkPad T14s Gen 6
    • OS: Windows 11 Version 10.0.26200 Build 26200
    • Suspected Update: KB5066835
    • Symptom onset: Immediately after October CU update

    This is a critical issue that effectively removes the ability to use Bluetooth headsets for calls and meetings on affected systems. This needs to be addressed urgently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  2. OKTOVAN YUSRIADY 15 Reputation points
    2025-10-29T05:21:27.7133333+00:00

    I ran into the same issue — after the recent Windows 11 update, none of my Bluetooth headsets’ microphones worked anymore. The Bluetooth connection showed “connected with voice and music,” but no Windows apps could actually access the mic. Everything had been fine before the update.

    What fixed it for me was updating the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver to the latest version:

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-drivers-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

    Driver version: 23.170.0 Release notes: This version supports the latest Microsoft Windows 11 25H2.

    After installing the update and rebooting, my Bluetooth headset mic started working normally again. If you’re having the same issue, I highly recommend giving this driver update a try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Nico R 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-27T12:25:55.06+00:00

    I have the same annoying issue since Mid of September.
    I tried all of that stuff above already.

    I have an snapdragon processor. I don't know if that helps.

    The Lenovo Support replaced today the WLAN module.
    Afterwards the microphone worked in teams but not the speaker anymore.
    I reinstalled Teams. Afterwards again: Microphone does not work.

    This is making me mad - since 5 weeks. I cannot work like that.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Don Lim [NSSG] 0 Reputation points
    2025-10-27T06:20:49.3366667+00:00

    I'm encountering the same issue too.

    Tried uninstalling and repairing the the bluetooth earphones, and the same issue persist.

    It will either just allow me audio, with no mic, or vice-versa just mic without any audio.

    Tried with a second bluetooth sepaker and confirm the same findings.

    Yet, both my bluetooth earphones and bluetooh speaker works perfectly with my mobile phone.

    Also need to highlight that before 20Oct, this issue is non-existent. I'm pretty sure a Windows update broke something . In particular KB5066835 was the update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.