All bluetooth headset mic is not working with Window 11

Timothy Liew 160 Reputation points
2025-10-14T00:19:06.91+00:00

mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. André Pedro Peixoto 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-24T12:36:10.9033333+00:00

    Hello,
    Same problem... here's what I noticed about this issue.

    I've a Lenovo L16 Gen 2 and when I connect my Soundcore A40 via bluetooth I can't use the microphone, unless I change the sound output to the laptop speakers.

    So, if I have output set to the A40 then only the lapics wtop mork.
    If I have the output set to the Speakers of the laptop, then I can use the microphone of A40....

    I also tested with another BT headset HD 458BT and I get the same behaviour.

    Did the same thing in my desktop computer and both work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Daniel Swafford 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-16T20:01:48.37+00:00

    Same issue here on a Lenovo T14 Gen 6. Tried everything in here and still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Peter Longley 10 Reputation points
    2025-11-13T11:45:52.9633333+00:00

    Seems like the latest patch hasn't resolved the issues for us.

    I am on 25H2 Build 26200.7171 and just had a call where I had to mute and unmute on the headset (Once the call had connected) still before it would work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Stephen Pettifer 35 Reputation points
    2025-11-13T08:53:05.48+00:00

    November patch update seems to have fixed it for me so far with Pixel buds 2a (only ones I have to hand), it's just absurd we have to wait a month when MS break such important functionality

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Kiril 111 Reputation points
    2025-11-12T11:37:19.6733333+00:00

    After installing yesterday's Windows update (November 11, 2025—KB5068861 (OS Builds 26200.7171 and 26100.7171)) the issue is solved for us.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/november-11-2025-kb5068861-os-builds-26200-7171-and-26100-7171-2e0512e4-3ad4-4da6-958c-a468a1af949e

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.