All bluetooth headset mic is not working with Window 11

Timothy Liew 160 Reputation points
2025-10-14T00:19:06.91+00:00

mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. NickNitro 0 Reputation points
    2026-07-21T14:23:59.15+00:00

    Had the same issue, did troubleshooting for a couple of hours, until I gave up hope and tried talking to AI about it. Didn't expect any good result but it suggested the most common and only possible reason should be my cheap ISY IBT-1000 bluetooth dongle. So I ordered a new TP-Link dongle and it is working fine now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Gábor Pete 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-10T10:10:34.8633333+00:00

    Same issue here. Did anyone manage to solve the problem? This is the error message I got from Teams:

    image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Wandzilak, Przemyslaw 5 Reputation points
    2026-03-12T07:02:50.76+00:00

    I'm running into this issue with multiple Bluetooth devices (including WH-1000XM5) after recent update.

    • Windows 11: 24H2 26100.7781 (which fixed the issues for others before)
    • Intel BT driver is latest 24.20.0.3.

    All seems correct but no application including MS TEAMS/Sound recorder can actually record anything.

    All good with my mobile android device so its not general headset issue but Intel Bluetooth Windows driver problem.

    Already tried:

    What fixed the issue:

    • Device Manager: Rollback Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) to 24.10.0.4 (11/10/2025)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Sarthak Singh 10 Reputation points
    2026-02-18T13:23:00.8+00:00

    My devices- Asus vivobook S15 OLED and Realme wireless 5 ANC{Neckband}
    I had this same issue, where all Bluetooth earphones (neckband with mic) started showing just "connected audio" and no mic after updating windows 11 on my laptop in December. I did everything suggested to solve this problem but nothing worked. I have intel EVO Laptop

    SOLUTION: First remove all saved Bluetooth devices from your PC. Then open device manager, go to "Audio inputs and outputs" dropdown section and remove all Bluetooth devices. then restart your device. These steps finally SOLVED MY PROBLEM.

    In my case, it started showing "connected mic, audio" under my Bluetooth audio device name whichever I paired with my PC and in all others (Bluetooth earphones too) too. Mic also started working too as I did a zoom call after this process.

    Hope it helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Damien BONVILLAIN 0 Reputation points
    2026-01-15T12:59:39.62+00:00

    Same problem here for months (basically since MicroSoft announced its AI productivity boost for Windows). DELL PC with Intel; Sony, Shokz, Bose headsets: Bluetooth output, and most of the time the mic is not registered at all, and when it is it doesn't mean that the input is available. The only permanent fix is to reboot the PC like it's 1995 again. But Windows 95 was way more stable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.