All bluetooth headset mic is not working with Window 11

Timothy Liew 160 Reputation points
2025-10-14T00:19:06.91+00:00

mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Georg 10 Reputation points
    2025-12-08T11:04:22.62+00:00

    Turns out there might be problems with Microsoft distributed AMD Bluetooth drivers. Have a look at this post:

    https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/rog-ally/bluetooth-headset-connected-but-has-no-sound/td-p/1125842

    My driver for AMD Audio CoProcessor was downgraded from 6.0.3.116 to 6.0.0.109.

    My driver for AMD Bluetooth Audio Device was downgraded from 6.0.3.37 to 6.0.0.31.

    Everything Works fine now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. André Pedro Peixoto 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-24T12:36:10.9033333+00:00

    Hello,
    Same problem... here's what I noticed about this issue.

    I've a Lenovo L16 Gen 2 and when I connect my Soundcore A40 via bluetooth I can't use the microphone, unless I change the sound output to the laptop speakers.

    So, if I have output set to the A40 then only the lapics wtop mork.
    If I have the output set to the Speakers of the laptop, then I can use the microphone of A40....

    I also tested with another BT headset HD 458BT and I get the same behaviour.

    Did the same thing in my desktop computer and both work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Daniel Swafford 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-16T20:01:48.37+00:00

    Same issue here on a Lenovo T14 Gen 6. Tried everything in here and still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Özbakir, Ugur /Extern 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-07T10:34:20.8766667+00:00

    We have the same issue on Microsoft Surface Pro 10 too, so i guess it is not an Lenovo issue itself. We have round about 30+ Users which are affected with this Problem, as a workaround we are wiring the Headsets with USB Cable... looks like the only way to get the microphone working.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Rafał 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-07T06:31:26.7266667+00:00

    Same issue with my Lenovo P14s 5th Gen.
    At the beginning, switching Bluetooth off and on helped, but only while the headset stayed powered on. After turning the headset off and back on, the issue reappeared.
    Now it’s permanent. Nothing helps - new suggested BT firmware, unpairing and pairing again, removing the Bluetooth device, etc.
    I’m using a Poly Voyager Surround 80 headset, but I also tried with Bose - same result.
    The Poly headset works fine when using the BT700 external dongle.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.