Additional settings-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Confirming this preview KB fixes it for us, hoping MS release a separate fix though.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
mic is not working for all bluetooth headset. The bluetooth show connected with both sound and mic, but there are none of Window program can access the mic function. FYI, before the Window Updates, everything is fine.
Additional settings-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Confirming this preview KB fixes it for us, hoping MS release a separate fix though.
We had success with this preview KB in our organisation : KB5067036
I'm just throwing a log on the fire and saying I have the same exact issue. Doesn't matter what Bluetooth headset I use: no microphone on a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 12. I've tried every single thing recommended in this thread, a suggested registry fix from Kimi, resetting Windows Audio and Bluetooth services, unpairing and repairing about a dozen times. No dice.
Issue persists on a Yealink headset with USB dongle, a Plantronics Voyager 5200 paired via Bluetooth, and Sony Bluetooth headset. Maddening. I'm rolling with a wired headset for the time being which works fine.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Dear @Timothy Liew,
I’m truly sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing with Bluetooth audio on Windows 11. I know how important your headset setup is for calls and daily work, and I appreciate the care you’ve taken to test different combinations.
Based on what we’re seeing across multiple cases as many users have reported the same issue after the latest Windows 11 update, this behavior is very likely due to a limitation in the latest Windows 11 update affecting how Bluetooth audio profiles are routed (stereo playback vs. hands‑free with mic). Your observation is spot‑on:
Current Workaround:
Your current workaround, use Headset A for the mic and keep laptop speakers for audio, is a good and stable solution. It avoids the profile conflict and keeps calls reliable.
Recommendations:
1/ Keep Windows Update turned on This ensures you’ll receive Microsoft’s patch as soon as it’s released.
2/ Report the issue via the Feedback Hub Your report helps Microsoft prioritize a fix and capture the device details that matter. How‑to: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
3/ (Optional) Roll back the recent update If the problem started right after an update and the Go back option is available (usually within ~10 days). Please follow the Microsoft Official Guide here: How to uninstall a Windows Update
Note: Please be reassured that you are not alone, I’ll continue to monitor this case and will reach out to you with any new updates as soon as possible.
Again, I truly appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please feel free to reach out.
I'm looking forward for your reply.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.