SOLUTION Win 11 Taskbar (autohide mode) will not appear in front of any window (Chrome or Edge)

FissionFusion 0 Reputation points
2025-10-13T23:38:37.6166667+00:00

Dell XPS 8940 - 2021 - Windows 11

Applied Dell [driver] updates some time ago and my Taskbar stopped appearing "on top" in Autohide mode. To compensate I reset all windows in Chrome and Edge with open space at bottom of screen to accommodate taskbar. Applied more Dell [driver] updates yesterday; taskbar suddenly worked properly in autohide mode. But, when I rebooted everything reverted to previous malfunction.

After reading numerous fixes for this that everyone said "didn't work," I decided to investigate related to the updates I'd done. NVidia and Intel drivers were some of the updates I made. All NVidia fixes were from 3-10 yrs ago. There were no Intel fixes mentioned, but I opened Intel Graphics Command Center/Settings and found the System Tray setting set to OFF. I set it to ON, did the required reboot and it solved the problem. But, only for a few seconds. As the reboot finished the setting got flipped back to OFF by startup.

In Task Manager/Startup apps, I found one Intel task that got started (Intel Graphics Command Center Startup Task); I disabled it, reset the System Tray setting to ON and rebooted.

Voila! My taskbar now activates and autohides, properly.

Summary: Open Task Manager/Startup apps; disable "Intel Graphics Command Center Startup Task"; open Intel Graphics Command Center/Settings and toggle System Tray to ON. Reboot.

I hope this helps some of you who've had malfunctioning Taskbar issues...

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments