Recommended approach for deploying network configurations — SCVMM vs Network ATC

Ahmed Essam 290 Reputation points
2025-10-11T21:11:31.9933333+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

I’m preparing to deploy a Windows Server 2025 Hyper-V cluster on a Cisco UCS X9508 chassis, and I’d like clarification on the recommended method for network configuration and management.

Specifically, I’m trying to decide whether to:

  • Use System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) to define and deploy logical networks, uplinks, and virtual switches, or

Use Network ATC (Intent-Based Networking) built into Windows Server 2022/2025 for automatic network configuration.

I’d appreciate guidance on the following:

Which approach is considered best practice for new Hyper-V cluster deployments on Cisco UCS hardware?

Are there any compatibility considerations or limitations when using SCVMM and Network ATC together?

Does Microsoft recommend migrating from SCVMM-based networking to Network ATC for future deployments?

Any official Microsoft documentation or real-world deployment guidance would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

System Center Virtual Machine Manager

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.