My Microsoft Authenticator app isn’t showing a code for my Azure account—how can I sign in or reconnect it?

Rory Nealon 5 Reputation points
2025-10-11T02:10:54.17+00:00

I received a bill from Microsoft and want to check if it’s related to my Azure account. When I try to log in (I’ve only used Azure a few times to experiment), I’m prompted to “Enter the code displayed in the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device.”

However, my Authenticator app doesn’t show any code or approval request for Azure. The only account listed is my regular Microsoft account, and its code doesn’t work.

How can I access my Azure account or reconnect it to the Authenticator app so I can sign in?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.