A cloud-based identity and access management service for securing user authentication and resource access
How to change the "Weiter" button text to "Nächste" in Microsoft Entra External ID user flow (without using HTML)?
Hello Community,
I’m currently working with Microsoft Entra External ID (Customer Identity) and have configured localization for multiple languages, including German (Germany).
Everything in my Sign up and Sign in user flow is localized correctly — titles, descriptions, hints, and error messages — using the language JSON override. However, I need to change the button label “Weiter” (which means “Continue”) to “Nächste” for our German branding guidelines.
I’ve already tried the following:
- Downloaded and modified the German language JSON file
Uploaded the updated JSON under Languages → German (Germany)
Verified that all other translations apply correctly
Despite this, the button text still remains “Weiter.”
My question: Is there any supported way to change this button text (for example through JSON localization, Company Branding, or any setting inside Microsoft Entra ID), without using Custom HTML page layouts?
If not, is this string currently non-localizable in Entra External ID user flows?
Thank you, Joel Raju