All microsoft hosted servers refuse to respond to requests coming from an IPV6 address on my ISP

hau5tastic 0 Reputation points
2025-10-07T14:21:42.0166667+00:00

I've been having this issue for some time now, and its so goddamn annoying.

By default, any Microsoft related website refuses to load (vs, xbox, .net etc) on my ISP when my device is using IPV6. The only reason I am able to access it now is because I disabled IPV6 completely on my system. I have replicated this issue on both windows and linux as well as across different devices.

Azure just refuses to respond to any request that comes from ipv6 address.

I have wireless home internet from bell.

Windows for home
Windows for home

A family of Microsoft operating systems that run across personal computers, tablets, laptops, phones, internet of things devices, self-contained mixed reality headsets, large collaboration screens, and other devices.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.