my windows 10 computer both does and does not recognise my account

mia559 0 Reputation points
2025-10-07T08:13:52.9866667+00:00

I want to enroll in ESU program for EU. when I click "enroll now" link, I am prompted to input my email address. I do so and it tells me that the account does not exist. when I click the link to create the account with the same address, it tells me that an account with that email address already exists. when I click "log in", the popup window goes black and unresponsive. my computer is using a microsoft account by the email address I am trying to insert into the enrollment pop up and I can't find a way to change the account. the only way I can think of is to "verify the account" but that leads me the same way as the ESU pop up does.

I am stuck in an endless loop and can't seem to find support. I tried calling the phone number but it only leads me to a bot which can't help me. and any online support requires logging in but even though I can log into my microsoft account, the support page does not recognise my email. Please help me and let me talk to a living human being about this

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Extended Security Update (ESU)

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.