- Go to start and type cmd in search box.
- Select Run as administrator under Command Prompt
- Type chkdsk C:/f/r/x
- Press Enter
- Wait till the process is over.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
How to fix laptop getting stuck in this boot loop?
I am experiencing an issue with my Windows 11 laptop constantly boot looping, where it tries to start up but then restarts repeatedly without fully loading the operating system. I am unsure what is causing this problem and how I can fix it to prevent my laptop from getting stuck in this boot loop, and I am looking for some advice or troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
2 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Henry Pichardo 0 Reputation points
2026-06-12T02:22:21.7933333+00:00 I been stuck in this infinite loop for 2 months and can’t get of it
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-10-07T07:40:00.88+00:00 Start your laptop, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Please try each option one at a time, then see if Windows will boot up correctly.
.
If there is an option to uninstall the latest update, that may be the best option.
.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair
See if Windows startup can repair itself.
.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore
Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to