Thank you for your suggestion Paulo. When I click on slideshow, the amount of time before it reverts back to picture is so fast it’s almost impossible to click on the browse button in time.
I cannot select slideshow for my desktop
When I select personalize to change the desktop to a slideshow it reverts back to picture. I cannot select slideshow for my desktop.When I select personalize to change the desktop to a slideshow it reverts back to picture. I cannot select slideshow for my desktop.
Thank you
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Desktop
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
3 deleted commentsComments have been turned off. Learn more
4 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Christian White 10 Reputation points
2025-12-27T03:27:26.68+00:00 Choosing a single picture worked--but only for selecting a single pic.
As at least two others on this thread have described: It's impossible--NOT almost impossible--to click the Slideshow in the timeframe given--there's not even a quarter-heartbeat between
- 1-selecting single pic, and
- 2-seeing the ghost of the browse button flash into being, and
- 3-seeing that barely-materialized button flick back out of existence, inaccessible to get me Slideshow.
And yes, the desired folder exists.
Maybe this one's too hard for the minds at Microsoft.
-
Eric Clemons 25 Reputation points
2026-03-17T18:56:10.7866667+00:00 I managed to fix this by opening the classic wallpaper editor and changing slideshow to an existing folder.
Windows Key + R and then:
shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper -
Margaret Weir 0 Reputation points
2026-04-05T17:01:06.37+00:00 This problem just popped up for me less than a week ago. Before that, my slideshow was running without a hitch. No change in the folder or its location. It's impossible to click on the slideshow button, as it is only there for a nano second. I tried the shell approach, but as soon as I reboot, it reverts back to no slideshow. But, at least Windows Key + R and then:
shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper, is a workaround.