I managed to fix this by opening the classic wallpaper editor and changing slideshow to an existing folder.
Windows Key + R and then:
shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I select personalize to change the desktop to a slideshow it reverts back to picture. I cannot select slideshow for my desktop.When I select personalize to change the desktop to a slideshow it reverts back to picture. I cannot select slideshow for my desktop.
Thank you
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
3 deleted commentsComments have been turned off. Learn more
I managed to fix this by opening the classic wallpaper editor and changing slideshow to an existing folder.
Windows Key + R and then:
shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper
This problem just popped up for me less than a week ago. Before that, my slideshow was running without a hitch. No change in the folder or its location. It's impossible to click on the slideshow button, as it is only there for a nano second. I tried the shell approach, but as soon as I reboot, it reverts back to no slideshow. But, at least Windows Key + R and then:
shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper, is a workaround.
Choosing a single picture worked--but only for selecting a single pic.
As at least two others on this thread have described: It's impossible--NOT almost impossible--to click the Slideshow in the timeframe given--there's not even a quarter-heartbeat between
And yes, the desired folder exists.
Maybe this one's too hard for the minds at Microsoft.
Thank you for your suggestion Paulo. When I click on slideshow, the amount of time before it reverts back to picture is so fast it’s almost impossible to click on the browse button in time.