Why it's showing 'Sign-in failed Error code: AADSTS5000225' though I never used it?

Antareep Ray 0 Reputation points
2025-10-04T16:27:08.18+00:00

Hi, I have recently signed up for azure services. But when I click on the link they sent via mail, I get the following message:

Sign-in failed Error code: AADSTS5000225 Error message: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle Trace ID: fd3ded45-08e0-4c4c-b193-cfc250b80f00 Correlation ID: 089176d4-56db-4d10-b42c-0d5220f4ddfd Timestamp: 2025-10-04 16:16:19Z

I don't remember ever using Azure before. The process upto card verification was completed, and then could not sign in due to this message. I tried calling support, but that redirected me to the website. What should I do now?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.