I’m trying to submit an escalation under Escalation Management for my personal Microsoft account stuck on a deactivated Azure tenant. The web form won’t let me advance past Step 1.

Shawn Ryan 0 Reputation points
2025-10-02T15:03:48.91+00:00

My personal Microsoft account (******@live.com) is still associated with my former employer’s Azure AD tenant (Imricor). That tenant has since been deactivated, and I can no longer remove it myself.

When I try to remove the organization from the Microsoft Entra / Organizations page, I get a 404 error.

When I try to access the Azure Support portal, I receive an AADSTS16000 error stating the account doesn’t exist in the tenant.

In Microsoft Teams, my personal account always shows a “Deactivated account” banner, and my personal contacts do not load properly.

This issue also prevents me from signing into other Microsoft services (like Copilot) with my personal account.

I have already contacted Microsoft Consumer Support, and they directed me here because this requires backend/tenant-level intervention.

What I need: I need Microsoft Support to manually remove the old Imricor tenant association from my personal Microsoft account so that it functions normally again across Teams, Copilot, and other services.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.