Too early account deactivation

Balázs "Blaise" Fülöp 0 Reputation points
2025-10-02T15:02:53.14+00:00

I have received a notification about an upcoming free Azure account deactivation:

Complete a purchase by October 5, 2025 to keep your account active You are receiving this email because your associated Microsoft Entra ID tenant (tenant ID xxxxxx) has been inactive for more than 200 days. Required action: To continue using your tenant, make a purchase before October 5, 2025. If you don’t make a purchase before this date, your next purchase with Microsoft will require a new Microsoft Entra ID tenant to continue using Microsoft services.

I have attempted today, on October 2, 2025 to log in and complete a purchase. This was impossible, because the account is already deactivated.

Due to coupled identitfy with my Github user name, it is not possible to use that mail for user login.

I get a regular "Sign-in failed - Error code: AADSTS5000225" when I try to access my account.

All personalized operations require that I log in for account handling. (which I cannot, due to the sign-in failure)

How can I get an active account access again?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.