Blocked from Azure Free Account & Can't Even Contact Support!

Ramya kumaresan 0 Reputation points
2025-10-02T03:26:47.8733333+00:00

Hey, I'm stuck trying to sign up for an Azure Free Account and need help resolving two major problems.

  1. Sign-Up is Blocked

The account creation keeps failing after I enter my address and verify my phone number, but before the credit card step.

  • Error Message: "Something went wrong. We are investigating."

*Screenshot_2025_1002_085204

Screenshot_2025_1002_085137

Screenshot_2025_1002_085114

Used multiple accounts, different phone numbers, different browsers (including Incognito), cleared all caches/cookies, and used different networks (mobile data). The eligibility check seems to be stuck.

  1. Can't Access Support Online Due to Portal Sign-In Errors

Since the sign-up fails, I tried to open a free Subscription Management support ticket. The support link automatically directed me into the Azure portal, where the sign-in process failed with this sequence:

  • First Error (Session): The portal first shows an "Interaction required" warning with the error code AADSTS160021.
  • Second Error (Tenant Mismatch): When I click "Sign in again", my personal account is immediately rejected with the error: "Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services'..."

I can't create the account, and I can't log in to the portal to get help for the sign-up issue.

Can someone please help me resolve the account creation failure? Thanks!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.