AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity

Are Flyen 0 Reputation points
2025-10-01T14:08:50.6533333+00:00

I have signed up for a Azure Free subscription to start with using my personal Microsoft account. Signing into portal.azure.com fails with this error message:

--

Sign-in failed

Error code: AADSTS5000225

Error message: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle

--

As the error states this account has propably earlier been used to create a tenant for testing, but as I now want to start using it again, I signed up for a new subscription that was successful including registrering a required credit card.

Since Azure support requires you to be signed in to the portal, I cannot contact them directly. I have tried as other similar post suggests to contact support by calling the global support number. This unfortunately ended up someone trying to drive more sales/usage contacting me (sales?) and not being able to route be further to technical support.

I have seen the suggestions to delete the old tenant to recreate it, but being unable to sign into portal.azure.com with my account I'm kind of stuck now.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.