"Before we can take any action, you must leave your work organization." BUT, mine is a personal account and I can't sign in to see the organizations.

Douglas Wright 0 Reputation points
2025-09-30T13:43:37.6833333+00:00

I'm trying to delete my account and I'm stuck on the second step of this page: https://account.live.com/closeaccount.aspx?uaid=671db2b2dc504e17ba861d52abefda17

It's asking me to leave any organizations I might be a part of but navigating here https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations doesn't let me use the email address I'm trying to delete, I see the following error text: "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead."

This is a personal email address, it's not part of any organization that I know of.

There's a related question here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5563481/you-need-to-leave-your-work-organization-before-we?comment=answer-12251337&page=1#comment-2242396

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.