How to remove personal Account from inactive Tenant.

AD 0 Reputation points
2025-09-29T06:15:46.9233333+00:00

Hello,

My personal Microsoft Account has been linked to a tenant, which seem to have been either deleted or inactive. I'm trying to leave the organisation but get message - You're the only Admin...". If I try to access via Azure Portal, I get a AADSTS5000225 "Tenant blocked due to inactivity..." error.

I just want to remove my association from the organisation but seems stuck in a loop here. Tried via https://myaccount.microsoft.com/organizations and unable to login as I get "This email address is not recognised..." error.

Anyone else have had this issue or any ideas how to remove my Email address? Seems this tenant has long being closed.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.