Reboot tenant blocked due to inactivity

Diego Herrera 0 Reputation points
2025-09-28T20:27:18.4266667+00:00

Error message: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle Trace ID: d53bc6d9-ad3f-457e-a4cc-dc95b8453f00

Hello, I would like to keep using my current Azure login email (related to this Learn account) but apparently my tenant has been blocked due to 200+ days of inactivity.

This is ok, since it's a learning and personal projects tenant, meaning I don't need to keep any of the information, but apparently I cannot create a "new" tenant on top of a blocked account. Even after using the same information in signup.azure.com, when trying to login, the AADSTS5000225 page shows inmediately.

Is there a way to create a new tenant on a blocked account? I do not need to recover any data, it's ok to delete all of it and start from scratch.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.