AADSTS5000225: I can't log into azure portal "tenant has been blocked due to inactivity"

Andrew Eisenberg 5 Reputation points
2025-09-27T22:28:16.6133333+00:00

I am trying to log into the azure portal, but I am getting "tenant has been blocked due to inactivity". This is my personal account, so it's not attached to any organization and there is no admin account to log in with. I don't use it very often. In fact there's nothing going on in it right now.

I don't care if the old account is destroyed (and recreated) or if the account is re-activated. All I want to do is be able to access the azure portal using my personal email address.

What should I do?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.