How to Recover Admin Microsoft Account with Lost MFA Access? I am the only member of my organization

Guy Geens 0 Reputation points
2025-09-27T15:26:06.33+00:00

How can I recover my Microsoft admin account? Here’s the situation:

  • I have setup a new domain for my Indonesian company PT Nominasi Chandra Wisata with brand name b-b.travel in December 2024 when I was in the office over there. I created new e-mail addresses for new users. Bought them Office 365 license.
  • I enabled MFA for my admin account using only the Microsoft Authenticator app on my Samsung phone S23-Ultra.
  • I deleted the initial admin account and other methods to login. I had to setup these methods later when I was back in Belgium, where I live.
  • However I dropped the phone two days later and but luckily I did set up a backup for the Authenticator app. I bought a new Samsung because repairing screen would take more than a month in Indonesia. I reinstalled it on the new Samsung phone and all keys where correctly backed up except the ones which are giving me access to the domain to setup. See attached screenshot of the authenticator.
  • When I try to log in, it asks for a code from the Authenticator app, which I can’t provide since the app was on the old phone and is still probably linked to the account with the old phone.
  • The only alternative is to get help from the organization admin—but that’s me, and I can’t access my account.

What are my options for recovery? Who should I contact for assistance? What do you need to help me out of this situation? i am going back to Indonesia next month and need to have a solution before so I can help the people there. There e-mail works good but I can't help them if there are any issues. Also I think they don't use sharepoint and onedrive because I can't see and help them out.1000039901.jpg

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.