Can't sign up for Azure: "Check your address. There appears to be an error in it."

JR 10 Reputation points
2025-09-26T04:43:36.8933333+00:00

What it says on the tin -- I am trying to create an Azure account, but I keep getting the same error. I promise I'm really, truly entering my address correctly.

I know one of the possible causes is that another account is already using the same address -- does that mean if I were to successfully sign up now and then move somewhere else, whoever buys my house wouldn't be allowed to use Azure until I changed the info on my account? really? -- but I have no idea how I'm supposed to determine whether that's the case.

I picked a completely random child tag for this post, because there doesn't seem to be a correct one for complete inability to get in, but it's still required.

[Edit to add: I have now tried two browsers and three different Microsoft accounts. None of them let me create an Azure account.]

Azure Document Intelligence in Foundry Tools

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.