MS SQL Server on M.2 NVMe

Herman Badenhorst 35 Reputation points
2025-09-24T06:55:06.9033333+00:00

Maybe somebody is willing to give some help. I have a web server. I thought the best way to give it a bit of extra guts, is to install a high-speed M.2 NVMe SSD. I used a PCI card. All goes well until I try and install SQL server. That fails. I have tried using different MS Server versions, Different MS SQL versions. I have swapped out the PCI card. They all fail when attempting to install SQL server. The SQL install logs are not helpful. I have now spent 1.5 days on this and I am going nowhere. I have reverted to the old SATA SSD and the server runs well. Do you have any ideas?

SQL Server Database Engine

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.