Getting a 404 error when calling OpenAI gpt-realtime resource

Saul Santos 5 Reputation points
2025-09-22T17:01:11.26+00:00

I deployed a new gpt-realtime model for realtime speech, and copy the provided "Endpoint" from the deployment info window, but everytime I try to connect I get the 404 error.

The provided "Endpoint" is of the form: https://MYRESOURCE.openai.azure.com/openai/realtime?api-version=2024-10-01-preview&deployment=gpt-realtime

I have other models deployed under the same resource and I can connect without issues to all of them by using a provided endpoint and key for each of those models.

I tried to use different "api-version" values as recommended somewhere else in "learn.microsoft.com", i.e., "https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ai-foundry/openai/how-to/realtime-audio?source=recommendations" but none of the different ones I saw works.

Any idea of what it could be happening? I would appreciate any help.

Azure OpenAI in Foundry Models

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.