An API that connects multiple Microsoft services, enabling data access and automation across platforms
Error adding document library as tabs in MSTeams for shared channel
Adding document library as tabs in Teams functionality seems to be working fine for general and private channels but for shared channels I am getting an error.
Graph API URL: POST /teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}/tabs
API documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-post-tabs?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http
Request Status: 400 Bad Request
Request body:
{
"displayName": "My Contoso Tab",
"******@odata.bind" : "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/appCatalogs/teamsApps/com.microsoft.teamspace.tab.files.sharepoint",
"configuration": {
"entityId": null,
"contentUrl": "https://www.contoso.com/Orders/2DCA2E6C7A10415CAF6B8AB6661B3154/tabView",
"websiteUrl": null,
"removeUrl": null
}
}
Error message from request: App id com.microsoft.teamspace.tab.files.sharepoint needs to be installed to the scope **** and be in an unblocked state to install/update a tab.
Application Permission granted to SPN
Group.ReadWrite.All
Steps to recreate this
- Created a shared channel
- Hit the above api to add the default document library "Documents" as a tab
- Getting error for shared channel(expecting tabs to be added )
Tried troubleshooting steps Added tabs via UI manually, and this seems to be working. I suspect the issue stems from the fact when I call GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/teams/{teamsId}/allChannels, for a shared channel, the returned "membershipType" is "unknownFutureValue". Ideally, this should be shared