Training: Instruction to develop new skills.
AI-900 - First Exercise is failing
Hi,
Am currently following the AI-900 course, and have got to the first exercise:
But it is failing when doing the "Use automated machine learning to train a model" section, I submit the training job, and a few minutes later I get an error:
Execution failed. User process 'python' exited with status code 1. Please check log file 'user_logs/std_log.txt' for error details. Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup_busy_bulb_05hhwg4z84.py", line 26, in
Azure | Azure Training
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-09T14:06:45.8166667+00:00 Same problem:
Execution failed. User process 'python' exited with status code 1. Please check log file 'user_logs/std_log.txt' for error details. Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "setup_maroon_island_5dzlfp1zxg.py", line 26, in <module> from azureml.train.automl import fit_pipeline ImportError: cannot import name 'fit_pipeline' from 'azureml.train.automl' (/azureml-envs/azureml-automl/lib/python3.9/site-packages/azureml/train/automl/__init__.py) -
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-09T14:23:23.45+00:00 Think this might be because I had a duplicate workspace created, going to try deleting and starting again.
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-09T14:47:27.06+00:00 I tore everything down and started again, so for me it was not due to duplicates, please let us know how you get on
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-09T15:46:53.0333333+00:00 Removed duplicate, selected East US as Region, but still failing... will try again later
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-10T07:22:05.19+00:00 Stripped everything down and started again. I think the problem was the first resource group I created was not in the East US Region. Then when I tried to move resources it probably set up a chain of broken events. Like you, it worked when I stripped everything right back and started again, then it worked. Thanks for your help :)
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-10T07:24:24.27+00:00 Ummm, it didn't work for me when I stripped everything back, probably gave the wrong impression, will try again today
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-10T07:59:54.7433333+00:00 Make sure you delete the resource group as well as the resources (provided you don't have anything else live on your training environment/within that resource group that's at risk from deletion.)
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-10T08:41:39.8966667+00:00 Yeah I goit past that today, but I did the same as I did before completely removed everything, but now am getting errors on the next step: "Deploy and test the model"
- Resource provider [N/A] isn't registered with Subscription [N/A]. Please see troubleshooting guide, available here: https://aka.ms/register-resource-provider (Code: SubscriptionNotRegistered)
This is the same error I was getting two days ago :-(
I have followed the instructions to the letter.
Can anyone from Microsoft learn help please?
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-10T08:54:38.0466667+00:00 I've not tried that part yet - will let you know how it goes when I get to it. However, one thing I changed yesterday was the subscription. I created the new resource group on a 'Pay as you go' subscription rather than on my Microsoft Partner linked Subscription with Azure credits. Changing that gave me different errors before I reset all the resource group stuff.
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-12T09:22:51.8266667+00:00 Morning - trying to complete this today, and I've just successfully deployed the model following the instructions. However, I am getting an error on trying to test the end point:
'Endpoint unhealthy Testing is unavailable when an endpoint is unhealthy or transitioning. Troubleshoot common issues.'
How are you getting on?
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-12T10:19:16.8733333+00:00 Clearly the endpoint wasn't quite finished getting ready, I've just completed the full exercise without problems. Best thing I can recommend is starting fresh, making sure the region is correctly selected and using a PAYG subscription.
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-12T11:48:39.5466667+00:00 Thanks rich,
Will try again when my free 30 days is up and I upgrade, progressed past this anyway for now
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-20T07:49:31.38+00:00 Well have upgraded my subscription early, as the last exercise also refused to work, that got the very last exercise working, so went back to this one, but still fails :-(
Resource provider [N/A] isn't registered with Subscription [N/A]. Please see troubleshooting guide, available here: https://aka.ms/register-resource-provider (Code: SubscriptionNotRegistered)
Seems I can't create an end point, as that is where it is failing
Even if I go to the endpoints menu and just try to create an end point I get the same error.
Maybe the subscription even though now pas as you go needs to be past its 30days free trial period?
Anyone from Microsoft lean that can help please?????
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-22T08:24:16.6+00:00 Are you on LinkedIn? Shall we connect and do a zoom to see if I can help?
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-26T11:41:46.0066667+00:00 Hi Richard, I am on Linked in and will connect, maybe we can set something up for next week?
-
Gordon Mountford • 0 Reputation points
2025-09-26T11:42:03.46+00:00 And thanks for all the help so far :-)
-
Richard Lewis • 5 Reputation points
2025-09-26T15:10:11.9633333+00:00 Sure - that's fine, will wait to hear from you on LinkedIn.
Sign in to comment