Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package

Luis Castruita 25 Reputation points
2025-09-05T20:19:40.7833333+00:00

Hi thereg guys, a few years ago I used to manage my PS Vita with Windows 7, when I update tto Windows 10 (in 2022), I cant install the Content Manager por PlayStation and I really need to intall ir, it gives me this error

User's image

I already tried installing from microsoft page, without security updates, with MFC and ATL security updates and nothing

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Apps
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-09-07T04:20:45.1666667+00:00

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Luis Castruita 25 Reputation points
    2026-06-16T03:01:14.3233333+00:00

    Man I was looking into my mail and forgot this problem, the andwer of Ramesh was the solution, doesnt let my show it as solution, dont know why it only appears 1 answer when they are 2, but man thank you so much

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-09-05T21:29:12.83+00:00

    Hi ,

    I understand according to the error log because there is a corrupted version of visual c++, follow these procedures first uninstall everything and remove the installation registry folder.

    Microsoft FIx it application to completely uninstall visual C++ after uninstallation.

    https://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E/9/7

    Create point system before

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sys

    Open the on command(admin) prompt and run the commands: sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth , wait for the process to finish and restart the PC.

    Open, as an administrator, the Windows Registry by typing "Regedit" into the Windows Start button.

    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products to remove MSI

    Go to "Edit" and look for the missing *.msi file that was called out in the error message.

    You have to search in the regedit tab and search according to the location you will find out yours should be 2015-2022 or just 2022 and delete the registry.

    Restart on the computer and install Visual C AIO

    Reinstall using Visual C++ AIO after download extract the install.bat file right click run as administrator.

    https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Give feedback if the information was useful or not.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.