How do I recover all of my Collections in Microsoft Edge following a reboot?

Dave Siever 30 Reputation points
2025-08-18T16:05:09.5033333+00:00

My computer recently installed updates for Windows 11. After the update, all of my Collections in Edge have disappeared following the reboot. How can I recover my Collections?

Microsoft Edge | Favorites, history, and downloads | Windows 11

Answer accepted by question author
GsN5034 - IA 77,470 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-08-19T17:15:46.6266667+00:00

Hello,

Paste this link in your Edge web browser and click Enter.

edge://settings/?search=collections

Turn on the toggle for collections.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.

4 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Raghv Raman Ramaswami 0 Reputation points
    2026-04-19T10:12:04.6966667+00:00

    They even said save in favourites in future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Raghv Raman Ramaswami 0 Reputation points
    2026-04-19T10:11:14.0366667+00:00

    Even after repair , notice that it ask for new collection and name and all my previous microsoft edge even after signing in and add sometimes I see the image and subsequently gone. I too want to get back all my collections. I am not yet retiring.

    I heard we have to in future save to Bing and wonder if chat GPT has an answer for our conflict. Working on it and hope microsoft will reply soon too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Dave Siever 30 Reputation points
    2025-08-19T15:04:34.42+00:00

    Thanks Madam Scragz. I seem to have lost all of my extensive and important collections. What I got was some new scrambled collection of mostly deleted web pages. In fact, I cannot even find a Collections icon anywhere in Edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  4. GsN5034 - IA 77,470 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-08-18T16:53:43.58+00:00

    Hello, thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A.

    Could you please make sure you've signed in with the correct account? For example, if you have multiple Edge user profiles, check to see if you're signed in to the right one.

    edge://settings/profiles

    If the issue persists, try restarting your web browser a couple of times and check if sync is turned ON.

    This step should bring back your collections.

    If you're having issues, try repairingthe Edge web browser -

    Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Microsoft Edge > Modify > Repair.

    Once done, restart your computer.

    Let me know how it goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.