External Entra Id Invitation via Graph API

Jani Paakkola 0 Reputation points
2025-07-24T09:18:11.74+00:00

Hello

In this documentation it says that creating invitations is supported for External tenant but I also found this other documentation that says it doesn't apply to External tenant. Also in Microsoft Entra admin center I can't edit External Identities | External collaboration settings. When I try to invite user using Graph API, I get error that says it's not supported in my organization. With workforce tenant it's working and I can edit External Identities | External collaboration settings.

So my question is that is it supported on External tenants or not? If it's supported, could I get some guidance on how to set it up.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra External ID

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.