How do I install Publisher from MS Office Professional 2013 but also install Word/Excel from MS Office 2019?

Happy IdahoGirl 20 Reputation points
2025-07-24T05:13:00.8466667+00:00

I own both Microsoft Office Professional 2013 and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019. Until spring of 2025 I used Publisher (from the 2013 suite) AND also used Word/Excel from the 2019 suite of products. Sometime this spring Publisher disappeared from my computer so it is no longer installed and I have no idea how that happened. I have hundreds of Publisher documents and want to continue to use my owned copy of Publisher even though it will no longer be supported after October 2025. However, I also have thousands of Word and Excel documents created with the 2019 suite of products. Both Office suites were purchased and downloaded from the Microsoft store. My problem now is that in order to get Publisher back, I have to download the 2013 suite and am not allowed to choose which products from that suite to install. If I then download the 2019 suite so I can use the newer Word and Excel programs, it removes Publisher altogether. How do I use Publisher from the 2013 suite AND ALSO use Word/Excel from the 2019 suite of products? One customer service rep said that it isn't possible to do that but I literally have been doing that for years and then "something" happened in early spring 2025 that removed Publisher from my PC. Any ideas??

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | For home
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Palcouk 2,926 Reputation points
2025-07-24T08:18:18.0633333+00:00

You can only install the whole suite, and not an individual component, on a retail office version.

Only the user can uninstall a retail office version, as a whole and not an individual component.

Libra Office, which is free, can open/read/create pub docs

Both suites use the same format/version for both Word & Excel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Gary Schaub 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-09T02:43:30.7333333+00:00

    During the Microsoft 2013 Office install you can do a custom install and only install Publisher. If already installed, you can go to "control panel", then "programs and features", choose "Microsoft Office ... 2013", and at the top choose "Change" to uninstall or install options under just 2013.

    Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.