Print button grayed out after editing Excel sheet. Changing printers and then changing back fixes it.

Anonymous
2025-05-09T19:01:20+00:00

We have a M365 user that is having trouble with printing from Excel only. We can open a spreadsheet and print normally, but when anything gets edited, it grays out the print button. I can get to the print dialog, but the button to actually print is what is grayed out. The workaround I found is to manually select a different printer in the print dialog, then select the original, default printer again. This allows it to print again, but the error always returns. It seems to be happening with any Excel file. I have tried the same files on other PCs and could not replicate the problem. I tried the online Office repair, but that did not help. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-29T20:22:29+00:00

    Actually, this is no longer needed now that the update has been released to fix. I've confirmed once I updated, I was able to re-enable the add-in and all is well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-03T22:15:14+00:00

    After running updates for 365 within Excel, the issue was resolved for my team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-09T13:12:20+00:00

    Hi this just happened to me.

    It was letting me print everything else I opened except the item I was already on and wanted to print.

    I saved the document and closed it.

    When I re-opened it to print again- it worked.

    Hope this helps! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments