Print button grayed out after editing Excel sheet. Changing printers and then changing back fixes it.

Anonymous
2025-05-09T19:01:20+00:00

We have a M365 user that is having trouble with printing from Excel only. We can open a spreadsheet and print normally, but when anything gets edited, it grays out the print button. I can get to the print dialog, but the button to actually print is what is grayed out. The workaround I found is to manually select a different printer in the print dialog, then select the original, default printer again. This allows it to print again, but the error always returns. It seems to be happening with any Excel file. I have tried the same files on other PCs and could not replicate the problem. I tried the online Office repair, but that did not help. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T11:13:25+00:00

    I agree that this is a MS problem, but KB5058411 was released last week and my customers have had this problem for months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T13:12:13+00:00

    Have had this issue for 2 weeks, replying to keep active

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T11:06:51+00:00

    Hi, I also have the same problem in the office. But not on all computers, at the moment I have two employees. When you change the printers, the "Print" button remains active!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-14T08:39:44+00:00

    I am having the same problem with Multiple users. only excel

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-13T17:52:37+00:00

    I'm also seeing this suddenly on several PCs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments