Problem with Phonetic Keyboard

Anonymous
2025-07-11T03:16:20+00:00

For past 2 days, Phonetic (Hindi) keyboard is giving problems. When I try to type a word, starting with some characters (like t, d, b etc.), it is not typing/converting beyond few characters.

Tried after rebooting the system 3-4 times. Removed Hindi language and re-installed also. Re-installed Hindi Phonetic keyboard as well. Nothing worked.

I have been a user of Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) for many years and never faced such issue.

Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-11T09:42:44+00:00

Thanks for the update, Anurag.

Since the issue happens in all apps and Hindi Traditional works fine, it confirms the problem is with the Hindi Phonetic keyboard itself, likely due to a recent Windows update. You've done the right steps by updating Windows and sending feedback through the Feedback Hub.

While waiting for Microsoft to fix it in a future update, you can use Google Input Tools (online) as a temporary option for Hindi typing.

Take care and all the best,

Arlene D.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-16T03:40:19+00:00

    I am facing the same issue from 11th July. I did reset my windows and also office 365 reloaded but the same issue persists. Need a solution fast as i am a teacher and cannot perform my work with this issue still there. it happens with only Hindi Phonetic keyboard for me as i only use that.

    Keep me posted when there is solution or update. Thanks community.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-16T11:50:10+00:00

    Well said, I'm also facing issue with Tamil. Looking forward Microsoft will fix it asap

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-16T12:35:07+00:00

    I have the same question. I am facing the same issue with Odia and Hindi Phonetic Keyboards. Odia Inscript and Hindi Inscript keyboard work fine. I have removed and added the keyboards and also restarted windows couple of times. Still the issue persists. Google Input Tools is the only option now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-16T13:29:59+00:00

    Thanks for the update, Anurag.

    Since the issue happens in all apps and Hindi Traditional works fine, it confirms the problem is with the Hindi Phonetic keyboard itself, likely due to a recent Windows update. You've done the right steps by updating Windows and sending feedback through the Feedback Hub.

    While waiting for Microsoft to fix it in a future update, you can use Google Input Tools (online) as a temporary option for Hindi typing.

    Take care and all the best,
    Arlene D.

    Dear Microsoft Support,

    I am also facing an issue with the Tamil Phonetic Keyboard where it does not convert typed text properly—either stopping mid-word or failing to display Tamil script other Tamil inscript and Tamil 99 keyboard works well. Despite reinstalling the keyboard and language pack, the problem persists. We are more comfortable with Phenotic keyboard but it's not working, Kindly resolve this at the earliest as it affects daily usage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments