Problem with Phonetic Keyboard

Anonymous
2025-07-11T03:16:20+00:00

For past 2 days, Phonetic (Hindi) keyboard is giving problems. When I try to type a word, starting with some characters (like t, d, b etc.), it is not typing/converting beyond few characters.

Tried after rebooting the system 3-4 times. Removed Hindi language and re-installed also. Re-installed Hindi Phonetic keyboard as well. Nothing worked.

I have been a user of Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) for many years and never faced such issue.

Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-11T09:42:44+00:00

Thanks for the update, Anurag.

Since the issue happens in all apps and Hindi Traditional works fine, it confirms the problem is with the Hindi Phonetic keyboard itself, likely due to a recent Windows update. You've done the right steps by updating Windows and sending feedback through the Feedback Hub.

While waiting for Microsoft to fix it in a future update, you can use Google Input Tools (online) as a temporary option for Hindi typing.

Take care and all the best,

Arlene D.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T07:16:09+00:00

    I also having same issue since 4-5 days, Hindi Phonetic keyboard not working, I also try rebooting, Removed language and add it again but still has the same issue. Please resolve it asap.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-07-15T18:23:06+00:00

    Windows is already aware of the bug. The fix is slated to be released with KB5062660.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T18:37:33+00:00

    I am facing the same issue with Malayalam Phonetic keyboard . Relieved to know that its a common issue and hopefully it gets corrected soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T20:28:00+00:00

    For past 2 days, Phonetic (Hindi) keyboard is giving problems. When I try to type a word, starting with some characters (like t, d, b etc.), it is not typing/converting beyond few characters.

    Tried after rebooting the system 3-4 times. Removed Hindi language and re-installed also. Re-installed Hindi Phonetic keyboard as well. Nothing worked.

    I have been a user of Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) for many years and never faced such issue.

    Please help.

    I'm also facing the same issue with phonetic keyboard. I am used to with phonetic so it is difficult for me to shift with other keyboard. And Microsoft keyboard is not that perfect in typing like Phonetic. Please fix this issue asap. I'm not able to fasten my works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments