Problem with Phonetic Keyboard

Anonymous
2025-07-11T03:16:20+00:00

For past 2 days, Phonetic (Hindi) keyboard is giving problems. When I try to type a word, starting with some characters (like t, d, b etc.), it is not typing/converting beyond few characters.

Tried after rebooting the system 3-4 times. Removed Hindi language and re-installed also. Re-installed Hindi Phonetic keyboard as well. Nothing worked.

I have been a user of Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) for many years and never faced such issue.

Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-11T09:42:44+00:00

Thanks for the update, Anurag.

Since the issue happens in all apps and Hindi Traditional works fine, it confirms the problem is with the Hindi Phonetic keyboard itself, likely due to a recent Windows update. You've done the right steps by updating Windows and sending feedback through the Feedback Hub.

While waiting for Microsoft to fix it in a future update, you can use Google Input Tools (online) as a temporary option for Hindi typing.

Take care and all the best,

Arlene D.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T00:08:55+00:00

    Hi.. I m facing the same issues since last three days

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T16:41:43+00:00

    This also happened to me in Malayalam, I believe after an update. Please provide immediate support, as many people use the Phonetic keyboard, and most of them are unaware of the Indic / Inscript keyboard.

    I am using Windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T23:27:25+00:00

    I have problem with Gujarati fonts after update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T01:14:48+00:00

    Have the same problem with TAMIL language keyboards (in all the multiple variations I have installed. Tamil Phonetic, Tamil 99, Tamil Anjal.)

    Really annoying. Seems quite a few (whole set?) foreign language keyboards have been rendered unuseable with some sort of botched update. (based on the multiple postings in the thread. Kannada, Malayalam, etc. ). Rather dumb and irresponsible OS update.

    PLS fix ASAP. This is really really unacceptable to totally break and mess up something that was working!!

    Little workaround is possible when a basic INPUT mechanism for a language is severely impaired!!
    CAN'T STRESS the importance enough! Should be obvious to any credible software professional.

    Core issue:
    Able to enter only one letter at a time most of the time! The full auto-type-ahead word completion/suggestion has stopped working now.. At least it used to provide crappy suggestions 20% of the time.
    Can't tell you annoying this is where we have to type one letter at time, delete the space automatically created after the letter and then type the next letter. (FULL AI power-works/LLMs! I guess!)

    Pls F..I..X N..O..W!!!!.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments