Problem with Phonetic Keyboard

Anonymous
2025-07-11T03:16:20+00:00

For past 2 days, Phonetic (Hindi) keyboard is giving problems. When I try to type a word, starting with some characters (like t, d, b etc.), it is not typing/converting beyond few characters.

Tried after rebooting the system 3-4 times. Removed Hindi language and re-installed also. Re-installed Hindi Phonetic keyboard as well. Nothing worked.

I have been a user of Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) for many years and never faced such issue.

Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-11T09:42:44+00:00

Thanks for the update, Anurag.

Since the issue happens in all apps and Hindi Traditional works fine, it confirms the problem is with the Hindi Phonetic keyboard itself, likely due to a recent Windows update. You've done the right steps by updating Windows and sending feedback through the Feedback Hub.

While waiting for Microsoft to fix it in a future update, you can use Google Input Tools (online) as a temporary option for Hindi typing.

Take care and all the best,

Arlene D.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T12:12:12+00:00

    i am having the same issue with hindi phonetic keyboard, please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T13:32:17+00:00

    I am also having the same issue with hindi phonetic keyboard after windows update. I have also tried with uninstall the latest update but still same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T17:47:56+00:00

    I am also facing the same problem for both Hindi Phonetic as well as Marathi Phonetic.
    As I am working as Freelance Translator, I need to do Marathi as well as Hindi typing on regular basis. But due to this problem I am unable to do my work properly. Though we have option of Google Indic tools but now as we have become use to Microsoft Tools it becomes difficult to shift to any other services.
    Requesting the Microsoft team to solve this issue as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-12T03:29:12+00:00

    Thanks again for your suggestion. I tried that and it is working fine. It will surely help me in continuing with my work till Microsoft rectifies the problem with Phonetic Keyboard.

    Regards

    Anurag

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments