Problem with Phonetic Keyboard

Anonymous
2025-07-11T03:16:20+00:00

For past 2 days, Phonetic (Hindi) keyboard is giving problems. When I try to type a word, starting with some characters (like t, d, b etc.), it is not typing/converting beyond few characters.

Tried after rebooting the system 3-4 times. Removed Hindi language and re-installed also. Re-installed Hindi Phonetic keyboard as well. Nothing worked.

I have been a user of Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) for many years and never faced such issue.

Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-11T09:42:44+00:00

Thanks for the update, Anurag.

Since the issue happens in all apps and Hindi Traditional works fine, it confirms the problem is with the Hindi Phonetic keyboard itself, likely due to a recent Windows update. You've done the right steps by updating Windows and sending feedback through the Feedback Hub.

While waiting for Microsoft to fix it in a future update, you can use Google Input Tools (online) as a temporary option for Hindi typing.

Take care and all the best,

Arlene D.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T12:12:12+00:00

    i am having the same issue with hindi phonetic keyboard, please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T11:01:36+00:00

    I am facing exactly the same problem with Malayalam phonetic keyboard after the recent windows update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T08:49:15+00:00

    I have same problem for marathi phonetic keyboard since update

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T05:25:15+00:00

    Thanks for your response.

    The problem is with all the Apps which I use with Phonetic Keyboard (Hindi) - usually MS Word, MS Excel, WhatsApp etc.

    I have already installed Hindi Traditional. All the keys are responding...though I don't use that option as I am more comfortable with the keys of Phonetic.

    As suggested by you, I checked for Windows Update also. It is up to date.

    I have sent a feedback to Microsoft Feedback Hub.

    Thanks again for your prompt support.

    Regards

    Anurag

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments