A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Of course, resetting to the default shortcuts won't help when Microsoft has changed some of the well-known default shortcuts in Word.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm currently using Microsoft 365 and while using word, my shortcut key for Bold option automatically change from 'Ctrl+B' to 'Ctrl+ N'
I have to change it back to 'Ctrl + B' manually (several times) but it keeps automatically changing to 'Ctrl + N' again and again. It is quite annoying.
I change my shortcut for Bold option back to 'crtl + B' as inserted picture
Please let me know how to set 'Ctrl + B' as a shortcut key for Bold option permamently.
Thanks a lot.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Of course, resetting to the default shortcuts won't help when Microsoft has changed some of the well-known default shortcuts in Word.
I've been trying to do this for several weeks. I have reached the third line of support, which unfortunately, like the second line, works very badly. They regularly forget appointments or call many hours late (despite confirming hours and time zones several times).
In addition, they informed me that “the bug with shortcuts is not currently recognized by backoofice as a bug and is not being fixed.” If you know of a good method to reach the right people at Micrsofot, please help.
W.
If you have no personalised shortcuts for styles, macro's, ... You can also hit the reset button (red arrow). My office isn't in English, therefor so I reused the screenshot provided earlier. Please ignore all the purple arrows and marking in the "Customize" dialog box. Simply open it, click reset and perhaps restart word.
Hello,
Any update on this please? Not sure what other short cuts have been impacted, this seems quite a big issue to not resolve quickly?
I haven't seen any new information regarding this.
Are you able to use the workaround? Can you recreate the shortcut(s) that you have lost?
Hello,
Any update on this please? Not sure what other short cuts have been impacted, this seems quite a big issue to not resolve quickly?