A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Word from the Word product team is that version 2412 should include a fix for this.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm currently using Microsoft 365 and while using word, my shortcut key for Bold option automatically change from 'Ctrl+B' to 'Ctrl+ N'
I have to change it back to 'Ctrl + B' manually (several times) but it keeps automatically changing to 'Ctrl + N' again and again. It is quite annoying.
I change my shortcut for Bold option back to 'crtl + B' as inserted picture
Please let me know how to set 'Ctrl + B' as a shortcut key for Bold option permamently.
Thanks a lot.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Word from the Word product team is that version 2412 should include a fix for this.
Additionally, this issue is against WCAG (Accessibility Guidelines) rules - makes Word less ergonomic for people with special needs (e.g. visually impaired).
W.
Again, posting complaints or suggestions here is preaching to the choir - your fellow users who have no way to change anything. I also liken it to going out into the forest and shouting everything that is wrong. It may feel good.
All we can do here is tell you how to work with what is.
Hi Shadrack, thank you for taking the time to reply.
I've tried this multiple times, which i think has been said before in this thread but i could be wrong, and Word just changes it back the next day. Could there be a reason that that's the case?
I think another thing is that a lot of people just dont understand why, after all these years, the key combination is suddenly changed? There seems to be a definite lack of communication about that.
Anyhow, i hope you can provide insight on both those points, and thanks again!
Could you read all conversation? This solution doesn't work. :-(
W.
Also happened for me, and I'm not using an alternative language...