OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T16:00:52+00:00

    iPad 11” M4 2TB - same issues here. OneDrive app only works in portrait mode. Does not open or operate when app is opened in landscape mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T18:36:07+00:00

    Weird. I wonder why my issue is it crashes in portrait mode and works in landscape on m4 13"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T19:05:57+00:00

    Same issue here - my company bought the iPad to almost exclusively to access files from OneDrive, so it's really annoying that our main use case doesn't work properly. The workaround using landscape mode seems to be the best way to access files for now, but Microsoft really needs to fix the app so this doesn't keep happening

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T19:49:41+00:00

    Very frustrating. All of the routine fixes aren’t working. For me, switching to landscape works. Another workaround is using the co-pilot app

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T20:21:44+00:00

    Yes, and even the likes app on iPad. BUT, the OneDrive app, for ne, is the only place you can set "keep file offline".

    I origibalky wanted to actually sync the folder like on PC but quickly realized the $3000 iPad Pro M4 is simply a glorified tablet. The iOS is nowhere near as robust as MasOS or Windows, it's simply a VERY expensive toy.

    I've always been a Windows user and ONLY purchased the iPad for digital music purposes.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments