OneDrive app is crashing every time I open it on iPad

Anonymous
2025-03-20T21:06:01+00:00

My OneDrive app on my iPad Pro 13 (OS 18.3.2) continually crashes. I have reinstalled it over and over, cleared the account settings multiple times and nothing is working. I have tried signing into multiple OneDrive accounts (home, school and work) and the app opens up in a frozen screen for about a minute and then crashes and closes. I have plenty of storage on my ipad and OS is updated.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T18:28:36+00:00

    Thank you. That actually worked for me too!!

    I hope they get this figured out eventually, I was going crazy trying to figure out a fix for this the last several days!!

    I have migrated most of my work to the iPad when I am traveling so this was a major setback.

    Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T17:14:58+00:00

    thats the workaround - thank you so much. hope MS fixes this problem ASAP...

    my device is a ipad pro 13" M4

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T16:27:46+00:00

    Ditto for me. The OneDrive files tab on my iPad Pro 13 M4 stopped working a couple of days ago. Tried deleting app, restarting iPad, then reinstalling app, signing out, in. Didn’t help. OneDrive works on my other iOS devices, PC, and web. OneDrive files are accessible using the iOS Files app, but not the OneDrive app. The iPad itself seems to be fine, but not the OneDrive app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T15:06:36+00:00

    I have the same probelem, nothing works so moving all my stuff to iCloud via desktop so I don’t have to use OneDrive in future, fed up with ut

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T02:47:33+00:00

    This may sound crazy… close the app, rotate iPad into portrait mode, then reopen the app. All my files showed up. If I open again in landscape the files are gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments